Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos gets new software updates from time to time, Even you can use Kies to update your device to the latest available firmware version, But it is a very important for you to learn how you can update its firmware version manually, To do so you should read this guide carefully and follow its steps one by one, And after understanding it completely you can easily update your Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos by yourself.
- Backup your Contacts, Images, Messages and everything you want to keep before updating the device.
- Charge your phone's battery to be at least at 90% of charging level.
- Check your current firmware version of your device and write it down, It can help you when something goes wrong during the update.
- Official firmware package for Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos.
- Odin Flasher.
- USB drivers for Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos.
After downloading the above files extract the zipped ones, Then install the USB drivers on your computer and restart it.
- Suitable USB cable for Samsung S5312.
- A Computer with Windows OS installed.
Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn off your Samsung S5312 and take out its SIM and Memory cards.
- Run Odin.exe program.
- Check these options: Re-Partition (If you have PIT file only), Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time.
- Click PIT button to select: corsica.pit
- Now you have to select the firmware files from the extracted firmware folder:
Click Bootloader button to select: BOOT_S5312xxxxxx_REV00.tar.md5
Click PDA button to select: CODE_S5312xxxxxx_..._REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
Click Phone button to select: MODEM_S5312xxxxxx_REV00.tar.md5
Click CSC button to select: CSC_Oxx_S5312Oxxxxxx_..._REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Put your Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos into Download Mode:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key + Power, After you get the warning message release all keys and press Volume Up key.
- Connect the phone to computer using the USB cable.
- Wait until Windows detects the device and install its drivers.
- If Odin detects the connected device correctly you will see its COM port number (0:[COMxx]).
- Click on Start button.
- Odin will start to update your phone using the selected firmware files one by one.
- The phone will be rebooted after completing the update.
- If the update was successful you will see PASS! Word at Odin's window.
- Disconnect the USB cable from phone.
- When the device is fully on you can check the new firmware version (*#1234#).
- Turn the device off again.
- Insert your SIM and Memory cards into the device.
- Turn the phone on.
- In case you make a backup of your phone's data then you can restore it again.
- Congratulations, You have updated your Samsung S5312 Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos to a new firmware version.
- In case you have one big file inside the firmware package then no need to use any PIT file or to check Re-Partition option, And the one big file should be selected as PDA file.