The Samsung SGH-I337 is the Galaxy S4 variant for USA AT&T network, So many of its features are the same like the international Galaxy S4 model, But that is not the main purpose of this guide, Here we will talk about the needed steps which must be followed to update the firmware of your Samsung I337 GS4 to a newer version, And that will require a stock firmware and USB cable in addition to Odin flasher, The best news about this is that all those tools and files are free.
- Backup your phone's data before updating its firmware, Read this online Guide to see how.
- Charge your device battery to be at least at 90% of charging level.
- Samsung SGH-I337 Galaxy S4 AT&T Stock Firmware package.
- Odin Flasher.
- USB Drivers for Samsung SGH-I337 Galaxy S4 AT&T.
- Suitable USB cable for Samsung SGH-I337 GS4 AT&T.
- A computer with Windows OS installed.
Samsung SGH-I337 Galaxy S4 AT&T Firmware Update Steps:
- Extract the downloaded firmware package and Odin flasher.
- Install the USB drivers, Then restart your computer.
- Turn off your Samsung SGH-I337 and take out its SIM and Memory cards.
- Run Odin.exe program.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time options are checked.
- Click PDA button and select the firmware file from the extracted firmware folder:
- Put your device into Download Mode:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home + Power, Then when you see the warning message release all keys, Now press the Volume Up key to be into the Download Mode.
- Plug the USB cable into your device and connect it to your computer.
- Windows will detect the phone and start installing its USB drivers, Wait until it is done.
- When Odin detects your connected device you will see its COM port number 0:[COMxx]
- Now you are ready to update the phone, Just click on Start button.
- Odin flasher will install the new firmware into your connected device, And reboot it after that.
- When you see the word PASS! at Odin's window disconnect the USB cable from your phone.
- After your Samsung SGH-I337 is fully on you can do a Factory Reset from Settings menu.
- Now after the phone is on again you can turn it off, Insert your SIM and Memory cards, And turn it on again.
- In case you have a backup of your phone's data then you can restore it again.
- You are done, And you have just updated your Samsung SGH-I337 Galaxy S4 to a newer firmware version by yourself.