Learn here how you can use the original Odin flasher and a Stock firmware package to update the firmware version of your Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos model, This Guide will show you everything in details from downloading the files and programs to performing the update by yourself.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos GT-I9152 comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean installed, But that doesn't mean that it will not get a newer Android version or even a newer release, So that you should learn how you can update it manually, Also you can use this guide to reflash your device in case you have any software errors or problems and install a fresh copy into it.
- Samsung GT-I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos Official Firmware Package.
- Odin Flasher.
- USB Drivers for Samsung GT-I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos.
After downloading the above files extract the zipped ones (The firmware package and Odin program), Then install the USB drivers and restart your computer after that, When you are done move to the next steps.
Tools you will need to perform the update:
- Suitable USB cable for Samsung GT-I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos, You can its original one.
- A stable computer running Windows OS.
Before Starting: Keep in mind that you are doing this update at your own Risk, And we are not responsible for any error or damage that could happen during the update.
Samsung GT-I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos Firmware Update Steps:
- Make a backup of your device data (Contacts, Messages, Notes,...etc).
- Charge your device battery to be at least at 90% of charging level.
- Turn off the device.
- Take out the SIM and Memory cards.
- Run Odin.exe program.
- Check these options: Re-Partition (If you have PIT file only), Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time.
- Click PIT button to select: crater.pit
- Now you have to select the firmware files from the extracted firmware folder:
Click Bootloader button to select: BOOT_I9152xxxxxx_REV03A.tar.md5
Click PDA button to select: CODE_I9152xxxxxx_..._REV03A_user_low_ship.tar.md5
Click Phone button to select: MODEM_I9152xxxxxx_REV03A.tar.md5
Click CSC button to select: CSC_Oxx_I9152Oxxxxxx_..._REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Put your Samsung GT-I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos into Download Mode:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key + Power, After you get the warning message release all keys and press Volume Up key.
- Connect the phone to computer using the USB cable.
- Wait until Windows detects the device and install its drivers.
- If Odin detects the connected device correctly you will see its COM port number (0:[COMxx]).
- Click on Start button.
- Odin will start to update your phone using the selected firmware files one by one.
- The phone will be rebooted after completing the update.
- If the update was successful you will see PASS! Word at Odin's window.
- Disconnect the USB cable from phone.
- When the device is fully on you can check the new firmware version (*#1234#).
- Turn the device off again.
- Insert your SIM and Memory cards into the device.
- Turn the phone on.
- In case you make a backup of your phone's data then you can restore it again.
- Congratulations, You have updated your Samsung GT-I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos to a new firmware version.
Notice: When you get one big file inside the firmware package, Then it should be selected as a PDA file only, And do not check Re-Partition option or use PIT file at all.