The Hard Reset / Factory Reset Operation is useful in many cases, We mentioned some of them below:
- After installing bad or unsupported application into your Samsung mobile phone which causes your phone to be frozen.
- Your Samsung mobile phone doesn't respond to any order after booting because of some software errors.
- Forgotten pattern lock in Samsung Android mobile phones.
- Forgotten user code.
- Forgotten phone code.
- Before or after installing new firmware updates into your device.
- You want to delete all your personal information from your device in case you want to sell it.
- You Bought a second hand device and you want to wipe all stored data from it.
What to do before performing the Hard Reset?
- In case your Samsung mobile phone can connect to a computer then it is better to make a backup of your saved data using Samsung kies software.
- Check that your phone's battery has enough charging, Otherwise you should charge it.
Samsung SGH-I927 Captivate Glide For AT&T Hard Reset Steps:
- Make sure that your Samsung SGH-I927 Captivate Glide is Off, And has no SIM or Memory cards inside.
- Take out its battery for 10 seconds, Then put it in again.
- Press and hold Volume Up key + Power button.
- Keep pressing the above keys until the Samsung logo appears,Then release Power key only.
- Wait until you are into Factory reset / System Recovery menu, Then release all keys.
- Use Volume Down key to scroll down and select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.
- Use Power button to confirm the operation.
- You need to use the Volume Down key again to select "Yes -- delete all user data"
- Use Power button to confirm the operation one more time.
- After performing the hard reset, Select Reboot System Now option, And confirm it using Power button.
- Now the phone will reboots, Wait for it to be fully on and then you can start using it.
Notice: The Hard Reset / Factory Reset operation will delete anything that are saved to your phone's internal memory, So make a backup of your data in case you can access them.