What is Firmware Update Process and Why We Need it:
The Firmware Update process means that your device will get a newer software version or we can say it will run with a newer version of its Operating System, For example if your Samsung Android device is running Android version 4.0.4 and Samsung release Android 4.1.2 version, Then you need to perform a Firmware Update process to install the new version into your device.
Mostly the new Firmware version is released to fix some bugs or to add some new functions, And sometimes it is released to fix some security threats.
What we should do before performing the update:
- First of all you should know your current device firmware version, Write it down so in case something goes wrong it will help you to fix your device.
- Check that you got the suitable firmware package for your device, And make sure to get it from trusted sources only.
- Check your device's battery level to be at least at 90%, Otherwise charge it before starting the update process.
- Make sure to backup any saved data into your device, Like contacts, messages...etc.
Needed Downloads For Updating Samsung Galaxy S4 DUOS GT-I9502 Firmware:
- Samsung GT-I9502 Stock Firmware Package.
- Odin3 Flasher.
- Samsung GT-I9502 USB Drivers.
Needed Tools For Updating Samsung Galaxy S4 DUOS GT-I9502 Firmware:
- Suitable USB cable.
- A stable computer running Windows OS.
Important Notice: We provide this guide for help purpose only, And we hold no responsibility at all, So keep in mind that your are doing this at your own RISK.
After downloading the needed files you should extract the zipped ones, And install the USB drivers (Restart your PC after installing).
Samsung Galaxy S4 DUOS GT-I9502 Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn off the device, And take out its battery, SIM and memory cards.
- Run Odin3.exe program.
- Check these options: Re-Partition (If you have PIT file only), Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time.
- Click PIT button to select: adonis3gduos_chn_cu.pit
- Firmware files selection:
Click Bootloader button to select: BOOTLOADER_I9502xxxxxxx_...user_low_ship_....tar.md5
Click PDA button to select: CODE_I9502xxxxxxx_1414753_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
Click Phone button to select: MODEM_I9502xxxxxxx_REV00_CL1249958.tar.md5
Click CSC button to select: CSC_Oxx_I9502xxxxxxx_1556917_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Entering the Download Mode:
Put the battery back into your device, Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key + Power, After you get the warning message release all keys and press Volume Up key.
- Use the USB cable to connect your device to the computer, Don't use any USB-HUB for connecting, And use only main USB slots.
- Wait until Windows detects the connected device and installs its suitable USB drivers.
- In case everything is OK, Then Odin program will detect your connected device (0:[COMxx]).
- Click on Start button.
- Odin program will start installing the new firmware files into your device, So wait until the device reboots.
- If the update was successfully done, Then you will notice PASS! Word at Odin program.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Check your device firmware version *#1234# (You should see the new installed one).
- Turn off the device again, Reinsert the SIM and memory cards and turn it on.
- Now you can customize your device after installing the new firmware version.
- If you made any backup of your device data before the update then you can restore it again.
Notice 1: When you get one big file inside the firmware package, Then it should be selected as a PDA file only, And do not check Re-Partition option or use PIT file at all.
Notice 2: In new Android Version like Android 4.3 Jelly Bean you will get new firmware files names, You will get CP, AP, And BL, And you have to use Odin3 v3.9 instead of v3.7, So CP = Modem, AP = Platform or CODE, BL = BOOTLOADER, And CSC = CSC.