What is Android Rooting: According to Wikipedia the Android Rooting means "the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem."
The Benefits of Rooting:
- Installing application that requires special access to some system files.
- Flashing custom Roms and Kernels instead of Stock Roms.
- Delete or modify some system files.
- Activating some hidden features.
- Repair IMEI.
- Unlocking your device via special hardware tools.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that you are applying the root operation on your own responsibility, Also you should know that rooting will trigger the KNOX warranty void status.
- Backup any wanted data before starting.
- Charge your device battery to be at least at 90% of charging level.
- Download and install USB driver for your device, And it is better to restart the computer after that.
- Check the installed firmware version via this code *#1234# and write it down.
- T999 CF-Auto-Root File: CF-Auto-Root-d2tmo-d2tmo-sght999.zip
- Odin3 Flasher.
Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 T-Mobile Rooting Steps:
- After downloading the CF-Auto-Root-d2tmo-d2tmo-sght999.zip file unzip it.
- Run Odin3.exe Flasher.
- Make sure that Re-Partition option is not checked.
- Click on PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 Device.
- Put the device into Download Mode ( Volume Down + Home + Power, Then Volume Up key).
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 to Computer using the USB cable.
- Wait until Odin3 flasher detects the device, It should detect its COM port number.
- Click on Start button.
- Odin3 flasher will install the CF-Auto-Root file and reboots your device into special Recovery Mode.
- Some auto jobs will be done, So wait for it, The device will be rebooted after all jobs were done.