How To Update Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III Firmware
Samsung I9300 GS3 the Most waited device from Samsung is now a Truth and many of Samsung Fans already got it ( from Dubai ) and some are still waiting to get it in Hand very soon in other countries like UK, So it is time to Make the Guide that will be So much needed by all to Update this model with Original Firmware packages to get all the New Features as they are out.
The first thing you should do is to Backup any wanted information and data on your GS3 before do anything and it will be a good notice to right the Firmware version in details of your phone to be able to get help in case something wrong happen during the update operation.
If it is the First time you read about Samsung I9300 then here are some of its Main Features:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G LTE Network ( some areas ).
- LCD Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- TouchWiz UI v4.0.
- MMC: microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Internal Memory: 16 / 32 / 64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Bluetooth: v4.0 with A2DP, EDR.
- Camera: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, Autofocus, LED flash.
- OS: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9.
- GPU: Mali-400MP.
- Stereo FM radio with RDS.
- A-GPS support and GLONASS.
- MicroSIM card support only.
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation.
- Smart Stay eye tracking.
- Dropbox (50 GB storage).
Notice: In case you want to Unlock Galaxy S III you can Check Here.
So now after you made a backup of your GS3 data it is time to get the needed tools and programs for the Update operation, So First you have to Get the Firmware Package you want to use from I9300 GS3 Firmwares Section and then extract it to known place at your PC.
The Next wanted thing is the Original Flasher for I9300 from Here in addition to USB drivers (if you do not have them yet).
Please make sure to use a Stable PC for this operation to stay away from any unwanted errors during the process and use only Original USB cable of your phone.
Firmware Update Steps:
- After you run I9300 Odin Flasher check these options: Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F.Reset Time.
- As you Check Re-Partition option that mean you need to select I9300 PIT file into PIT Field.
- Now select the Firmware Files from its extracted folder in this order:
- At this step you can put the phone into Download Mode:
Press Volume Down button + Power button and after the message appears you have to press Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode of GS3.
- Look at the Odin program's window and if all is OK then you can see the Com number that the phone takes in light blue, If not then make sure that you installed the Samsung USB drivers correctly and try again.
- After the Odin detects your phone you can Click on START button to begin the Update process.
- The Odin flasher will start to check the Files and then will update your phone with the Firmware files that you have selected.
- During this try to not interrupt the operation and wait till the phone rebooted by Odin.
- In case all is OK then you will see PASS! word in Green at Odin program's window.
- Disconnect the GS3 and complete the setup wizard and it is recommended to do Full Reset for the phone with this Code: *2767*3855#.