How To Update Samsung P3110 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Firmware
In another Guide we talk about how you can use the Original Odin Flasher to upgrade the Android version of Samsung P3100 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, And in this one we will try to show you the steps you should take when you want to update Samsung P3110 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 as this one has no GSM section what means there is no Modem part to flash or update.
Some of the Main Features of Samsung P3110:
- PLS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M colors.
- TouchWiz UX UI
- MMC: microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Internal Memory: 8 / 16 / 32 GB storage, 1GB RAM.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual-Band.
- Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP.
- Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048 x 1536 pixels.
- Geo-Tagging, Smile Detection.
- Android OS, v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- CPU: Dual-core 1 GHz.
- GPU: PowerVR SGX540
Now before you start the Upgrade process you have to get these tools:
- Samsung P3110 Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) wanted Firmware Package.
- Odin Flasher ( P3110 ).
- USB Drivers.
- Original USB Cable.
After you get the above tools you can extract and install USB drivers, And for sure you need to extract the Firmware package to select the files from it.
Firmware Upgrade Steps:
- Run Odin flasher and check all these options at the left side of Odin's window:
Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time
- Select PIT file: for 16GB tablet model select ( signed_espresso_20120220_16G.pit ) and for 8GB tablet Model you have to select ( signed_espresso_20120220_8G.pit ).
- As this Tablet does not have GSM part then no need for Modem file but you need these:
- Before you Connect USB cable between your Tablet and the PC you must put the Tablet into Download Mode:
Press Volume Down Key + Power Key at the same time for about 10 seconds.
After that press Volume Up key to get into Download Mode.
- Now you can connect USB cable to your Tablet and PC too and install needed USB drivers.
- At this step you need to make sure that the Odin Flasher can detects your Tablet correctly so in case all is OK you must see the com number that your Tablet takes at Odin's window in yellow.
- When all the previous steps are done you can Click START button to begin the Upgrade process.
- Wait till you see PASS! word in Green at Odin's window, And the Tablet restarts by itself.
- Make Full Reset to your Tablet using this Code: *2767*3855#.
Notice: Sometimes when you download Samsung P3110 Firmware Package you may find one file only inside it so in this case you do not need to check ( Re-Partition ) at all and also the one file you have must be selected as PDA part.