How To Update Samsung S5220 Star 3 Firmware By Flashtool and USB Cable
Samsung S5220 Star 3 also known with another name ( Samsung Tocco Lite 2 ) so the both names are for the same model.
This Guide is going to explain the Update process completely from the needed tools till the final steps, So Collect the tools and read the steps then start to do them one by one carefully to get you Samsung Star 3 Firmware updated.
Main Features of Samsung S5220:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- LCD: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors.
- TouchWiz Lite UI v2.0.
- MMC: microSD, up to 32 GB.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
- Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP.
- Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels.
- Stereo FM radio with RDS.
- SNS integration.
- MP3 / WAV / WMA / AAC+ player.
- H.263 / H.264 / MP4 player.
- Document viewer.
- Voice memo.
- Predictive text input.
- Original S5220 Firmware Package.
- Original Flashtool Program.
- Original USB Cable.
Firmware Update Steps:
- First you need to let your PC install the needed USB drivers, And to do that remove battery from the phone and insert it back, Now press Volume + and - keys and keep them like that and insert USB cable into the phone, When windows ask you to install the drivers you can let it search inside the Flashtool folder. After that reboot your PC.
- Run Flashtool program and make sure that ( Custom Order ) is checked and also ( Erase whole flash before download ) is selected too.
- Press Ctrl + O each time you want to select one of the Firmware Files and select them in this Order:
- Make sure of the following options:
USB Port = 1
Baud Rate = 921600
# Channels = 1
Communication Driver = Infineon USB Driver
- Click NEXT> button ( at the lower right corner ).
- Click Start USB1 button at the new window.
- Press Volume + and - Keys on the phone and connect USB cable to it.
- If all is OK the the Update will start automatically.
- You will see that the program will upload the selected firmware files one by one.
- When the process is done correctly you will see Success word on the program window with Green line under it.
- Disconnect phone and turn it on then make full reset: *2767*3855#.