How To Update Samsung S5300 Galaxy Pocket Firmware Using USB Cable
Samsung S5300 Galaxy Pocket is another model of Samsung brand which comes with many of features and run Android as OS which give you a wide range of applications to download and install from games to system utilities.
After some time of using and installing / uninstalling Apps you may need to reflash your Galaxy Pocket, And in case there is a new update also you can update your phone and enjoy it with more new options on it, So this Guide will help you to do anything you want with Original USB cable and Odin flasher only.
Main Features of S5300 Galaxy Pocket:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 900 / 2100
- Touch-Sensitive Controls
- LCD: TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
- TouchWiz UX UI
- Internal Memory: 3GB
- External Memory: MicroSD, up to 32 GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels
- Android OS
- CPU 832 MHz ARM 11
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- A-GPS support
- SNS integration
- MP4/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Image/video editor
- Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
- S5300 Original Firmware Package.
- Odin Flasher: S5300.
- USB Drivers.
Download all the above mentioned tools then extract and install USB drivers and reboot your PC, After that extract Odin and Firmware package to known place on your PC to use it in the following steps.
Firmware Update Steps:
- Run Odin Flasher and check these options: Re.Partition, Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time.
- Click PIT button and select coriemmc_0117.pit file.
- Click BOOTLOADER and select DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5300xxxxx_REV04.tar.md5.
- Click PDA button and select PDA_S5300xxxxx_REV04.tar.md5
- Click PHONE button and select MODEM_S5300xxxxx_REV04.tar.md5
- Click CSC button and select GT-S5300-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5
- Put the phone into Download Mode: Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Connect the phone to your PC using the Original USB cable.
- Check that Odin flasher detects your phone's Com port number then continue to next step.
- Click Start button and watch Odin program during the update process, But do not interrupt it.
- The phone will be rebooted by Odin after all is done, Now you can disconnect it from PC.
- After your phone is fully on it is better to do Full reset by this code: *2767*3855#.
- Wait the phone to restart and then you can set it up the way you like.