How To Update Firmware of Samsung P5100 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Using Odin Flasher
We made this Guide to help our friends and Samsung users too in updating the Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) Tablet, And this guide will show you how you can make it by using Odin flasher and the original USB cable of your tablet, So no need for any special tools.
Main Features of Samsung P5100:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- LCD: PLS TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M colors
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- TouchWiz UX UI
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
- Android OS
- CPU: Dual-Core 1 GHz Cortex-A9
- GPU: PowerVR SGX540
- A-GPS Support and GLONASS
- SNS integration
- MP4/DivX/Xvid/FLV/MKV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Image/video editor
- Document editor/viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive Text Input (Swype)
- P5100 Original Firmware Package.
- Odin Flasher: P5100.
- USB Drivers.
Download all the above mentioned tools then extract and install USB drivers and reboot your PC, After that extract Odin and Firmware package to known place on your PC to use it in the following steps.
Firmware Update Steps:
- After you run Odin flasher check these options: Re.Partition, Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time.
- In case you have complete firmware files then click PIT button and select:
- The Firmware files should be selected like this:
- To put your Tablet into Download Mode do this: Press Volume Down + Power Key for 10 Sec, then Press Volume Up Key.
- At this Step you can connect your Tablet to PC by Its Original USB cable.
- In case the PC asks you to install drivers you should do that and then move to next step.
- To make sure that Odin flasher detects your Tablet check if any COM port number is shown on it.
- Now you are Ready to start the Updating by Clicking START button at Odin flasher.
- During the Update Odin will upload all the Firmware files to your Tablet, Then reboot it.
- It is Recommended to do full reset to your Tablet by this Code: *2767*3855#.
- After the Tablet reboots you can set it up the way you like and enjoy the new updates.