How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 and N8010 Firmwares by Odin Program
After the big success of Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 we got the new Galaxy Note 10.1 with bigger LCD size, Bluetooth V4.0, And ICS OS upgradeable to Jelly Bean 4.1 and many more features we mentioned some of them in this guide.
There are two models or versions of Galaxy Note 10.1 the first one is N8000 with GSM support, And the second is N8010 without GSM support but the other features and specifications are the same.
Main Specifications of Galaxy Note 10.1:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 ( N8000 only ).
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 ( N8000 only ).
- Display: PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen.
- Samsung TouchWiz UI.
- Card Slot: microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Internal Memory: 16 / 32 / 64 GB Storage, 2 GB RAM.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual-band.
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP.
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash.
- Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Upgradable to v4.1.
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz.
- GPU: Mali-400MP.
- S-GPS support; GLONASS.
- SNS integration.
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link).
- MP4/DivX/Xvid/FLV/MKV/H.264/H.263 player.
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player.
- Image/Video Editor.
- Adobe Photoshop Touch App.
- Document editor/viewer.
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration.
- Voice memo/dial.
- Predictive text input (Swype).
Tools and Drivers:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Firmware Package:
Select and Download the wanted Firmware package according to your device ( N8000 - N8010 ).
- Odin original flasher: N8000 - N8010.
- USB Drivers: Download and install this drivers to let your PC recognize the device when connected.
Firmware Update Steps:
- Extract Firmware package and Odin flasher to a known place on your PC hard disk.
- Double click on Odin.exe to run the program.
- Check these options at Odin's window: Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, and F.Reset Time.
- At this step you have to select the Firmware files each one in his suitable place:
- In case your device is N8010 then there is no need to select anything in PHONE field as this model does not support GSM.
- Turn Off the device wait for some seconds then put it into download mode.
- Press Volume Down key + Power Key for 10 Seconds.
- After you get a warning message on your device LCD press Volume Up key to get into Download Mode.
- Use the Original USB cable of the device to connect it to your PC ( never use any USB HUB ).
- If this is the First time you connect the device to this PC the USB drivers will be installed so wait till that is done.
- When Odin flasher detects your device correctly you will see 0:[COMxxx] in yellow.
- At this point you are ready to start the Update process so click START button and Odin will do his job.
- During the process it is very important to not interrupt it at all to stay away from any possible problems.
- After Odin updates your device it will rebooted automatically so wait for it.
- When it is fully on then disconnect the USB cable from it.
- It is better to do Full Reset by code: *#87976633#
- The above code will reset the device and reboots it again.
- Now it is your role to setup your device the way you want and like.
- The Update or Flash operation will not Sim-Unlock your device ( Unlock N8000 ).
- Use Stable PC for the update and never use USB Hub to connect the device.
- Fully charge your device's battery before updating it.
- Keep in mind to backup any wanted data from your device before the update.
- If the firmware package contains only one big file then use it in PDA field and no need to check Re.Partition option or use Pit file.
- Unlock Samsung N8000 Galaxy Note 10.1 by Cable or IMEI Online ( Powered by SRS ).
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Firmwares: N8000 - N8010.