How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Firmware - Stock Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note II takes a wide space in Smartphones world these days, This new model from Samsung gives the user a wide range of most wanted Features so it is normal to get all that noise in Smartphones Market.
We will see in this Article how we can use the Original USB cable and Odin program to update our Galaxy Note 2 Firmware to add more and more to it, And enjoy everything into it. So the following Steps must be read carefully and keep in mind that even a very small step may cause a big problem to your phone.
Main Features of Galaxy Note II N7100:
- Supported Networks:
2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900), 3G (HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 2100 - N7105).
- Touch-sensitive controls.
- S Pen Stylus.
- Display Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- Display Size: 720 x 1280 pixels, 5.5 inches.
- TouchWiz UI.
- Card Slot: microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Internal Memory: 16 / 32 / 64 GB storage, 2 GB RAM.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Bluetooth: v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR.
- Camera: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, Autofocus, LED flash.
- Android OS, v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
- CPU: Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9.
- GPU: Mali-400MP.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer.
- Stereo FM radio with RDS.
- A-GPS support and GLONASS.
- MicroSIM card support only.
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation.
- Smart Stay and Smart Rotate eye tracking.
- SNS integration.
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- Dropbox (50 GB storage).
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link).
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player.
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player.
- Image/video editor.
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF).
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration.
- Voice memo/dial/commands.
- Predictive text input (Swype).
To Update this Model you need to get these:
- Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II Original Firmware Package.
- Odin program: N7100.
- Original USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note II.
After you download or get the above tools and programs you should extract them all, Then install the USB drivers and reboot the PC, After that you can proceed to the next steps.
Firmware Update Steps:
- From the folder you extracted Odin program to double click on Odin.exe.
- Check these Options: Re.Partition, Auto Reboot, and F.Reset Time.
- Click PIT button and select the *.pit file.
- Now you have to select the Firmware files from the folder you extracted them to and each file must be in the right place:
- Turn your phone off and wait for 10 seconds the put it into Download Mode.
- To enter Download Mode: Press Volume Down key + Home key + Power.
- Keep pressing the above keys till you see a warning! message on the screen.
- Press Volume Up key to enter to Download Mode.
- Now you should connect USB cable to phone and PC.
- In case the PC starts installing some USB drivers then wait till it is done completely.
- Look at Odin's window and make sure it detects the Com port that your phone takes:
If the phone's drivers is installed correctly you will see 0:[COMxx] when xx is the com port number so everything is OK.
- Click Start button to let Odin downloads the selected firmware files into your phone.
- during the update process it is very risky to stop the program or remove USB cable from phone so let it done without any interruption.
- When the update process is done the phone will be rebooted.
- If you see PASS! word at Odin's window then the update was successful.
- Disconnect your phone and wait till it is fully on.
- It is better to do Full Reset by this Code: *2767*3855# and let the phone rebooted.
- After it is on again you can use the setup wizard to select your favorite settings and enjoying your updated phone.
- The Update or Flash operation will not Sim-Unlock your device ( Unlock N7100 Galaxy NOTE II ).
- Use Stable PC for the update and never use USB Hub to connect the device.
- Fully charge your device's battery before updating it.
- Keep in mind to backup any wanted data from your device before the update.
- If the firmware package contains only one big file then use it in PDA field and no need to check Re.Partition option or use Pit file.
- Unlock N7100 Galaxy NOTE II by Cable or IMEI Online ( Powered by SRS ).
- Download Samsung Galaxy NOTE II Firmwares: N7100.