How To Update Samsung S6012 Galaxy Music DUOS Firmware Using An Official Firmware
This Tutorial will guides you to update the firmware of your Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012, And to make easier you will learn how to do it using original and free tools so no need to buy any expensive one.
The firmware update process means that your phone will get a newer version of its OS (Operating System), Also and for some reasons you may need to reflash it to fix some software errors that may be caused by an App you tried or even a virus.
Before You Start:
- Updating your Galaxy Music Duos firmware will wipe all your saved data (the data on phone's memory), So if you want to keep this data please to do backup before starting the update process otherwise you will never be able to get them back.
Tools and Files:
- Samsung S6012 Galaxy Music Duos Official Firmware Package: After you download the wanted one extract it to use it later.
- Odin flasher program: Download and extract this one too.
- USB Drivers: These drivers are needed to let your PC recognize the phone correctly, So after downloading you have to install them and reboot your PC.
- USB Cable: You can use the original USB cable that comes with the phone.
Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn Off your phone and take its battery out.
- Double click on Odin3.exe icon.
- Now look at Odin's window and check the following options:
Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F.Reset Time
- You should now select the firmware files from the extracted package, The one you already downloaded and extracted.
- At Odin's window you can see these buttons: PIT, Bootloader, PDA, PHONE, CSC use them to select the firmware files.
- Click PIT button to select ivory.pit
- Click Bootloader button to select BOOT_S6012xxxxx_REV04.tar
- Click PDA button to select CODE_S6012xxxxxx_1087791_REV04_user_low_ship.tar
- Click PHONE button to select MODEM_S6012xxxxx_REV04.tar
- Click CSC button to select CSC_Oxx_S6012Oxxxxxx_1087791_REV04_user_low_ship.tar
- Firmware Update process can be done when your phone is into Download Mode, So to put it into that mode follow this:
Put the battery back into your phone then Press Volume Down Key + OK key + Power Key, And after you see the warning message press Volume Up Key to be into Download Mode.
- Use the USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- If it is the first time that you connect the phone to your PC then windows will start installing the needed drivers for it, Wait till that is done then move to the next step.
- Look at Odin's window to check that the program can detect the Com port number of your connected phone.
- You should see 0:[COMxx] when xx is a number, So everything is done right till this step.
- If Odin does not detect it then you can try to disconnect and reconnect the phone again.
- At this step you can start the process by clicking on Start button and let Odin do the rest for you.
- Do not interrupt the process by any way ever or you may kill your phone.
- When Odin finishes his job the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- Look at Odin's window and you should see the word PASS! which indicates that the update was done successfully.
- Disconnect your phone and when it is fully on you can do a full reset by this code: *#87976633#
- After you enter the above code your phone will be restarted, So wait for it.
- Now after all the above steps are done you should get your phone's firmware updated, To check the new firmware version just enter this code *#1234# and you will see the version of the firmware that you have just installed on your phone.
- The Update or Flash operation will not Sim-Unlock your device ( Unlock S6012 Galaxy Music DUOS ).
- Use Stable PC for the update and never use USB Hub to connect the device.
- Fully charge your device's battery before updating it.
- Keep in mind to backup any wanted data from your device before the update.
- If the firmware package contains only one big file then use it in PDA field and no need to check Re.Partition option or use Pit file.
- Unlock Samsung S6012 Galaxy Music DUOS by Cable or IMEI Online ( Powered by SRS ).
- Download Samsung Galaxy Music DUOS Firmwares: S6012.