How To Update The Firmware Of Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 Using Its USB Cable and Odin Program
The Gudie you are reading now is your fast and easy way to update the firmware of your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 mobile phone. The update process contains many steps which you should follow one by one in order, Also it is recommended to read the whole guide first, Then you can try to apply it on your device. That is much better than starting without a complete idea about how and what to do.
We tried to put all the needed tools and files under your hand to save your time and effort. So start with reading then getting the tools, and after you get it clear you can start.
Things To Do First:
- If you have any important data or any needed information like messages or contacts on your phone, Then you should make a backup before starting the update process, Otherwise you will lose them all.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is fully charged, Or at least it is 90% charged.
- Check and write down the current version of installed firmware on your phone, So in case something goes wrong this info will be useful to revive your device.
Tools And Files to Get:
- Samsung S6102 Galaxy Y Duos Stock Firmware Package: Download the wanted firmware to your PC and extract it.
- Odin3 Flasher Program: Download the suitable version of Odin program to your PC and extract it to use it in the process later.
- USB Drivers: Download the USB drivers and install them on the PC that will be used in the process, And restart it.
- The USB cable: It is the USB cable that comes with your phone, You will use it to connect the PC to the phone.
Firmware Update Process:
- Turn Off your phone and take its battery out.
- Run Odin3.exe program and check the following options:
Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time
- Now you are going to select the firmware files from the extracted package to be installed on your phone by Odin.
- Click PIT button to select torino_1205.pit
- Click BOOTLOADER button to select BOOT_S6102xxxxx_REV02_CL1046881.tar
- Click PDA button to select PDA_S6102xxxxx_REV02_CL1046881_user_low_ship.tar
- Click PHONE button to select MODEM_S6102xxxxx_REV02_CL1046881.tar
- Click CSC button to select GT-S6102_CSC_xxxxxx....tar
- Put your phone into Download Mode so Odin can install the new firmware on it, And to do that put the phone's battery back then press the following keys:
Volume Down Key + Home Key + Power Key until you see the yellow triangle.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Wait for windows to detect the new device, And in case this is the first time you connect this phone to that PC then windows will start installing the needed drivers for it, Do nothing until windows tells you that the new device is installed and ready to use.
- Before you start the update process you should make sure that Odin program is detecting it correctly, To check that look at Odin's window and you must see 0:[COMxx] when xx is the com number of your connected phone.
- In some cases Odin program can not detect the phone, So you can try to disconnect the phone and reconnect it again, Or even restart the PC.
- Now you are ready to start and all you have to do is clicking on Start button and Odin will do it for you.
- While Odin program is installing the files on your phone, Do not stop or interrupt his work by anyway to stay away from any big problem.
- After the update process is done your phone will be rebooted, So wait for it.
- You can know if the update process is done successfully by looking at Odin's window, If you see the word PASS! then everything is ok.
- When the phone is on, Disconnect the USB cable from it.
- Do Full reset to your phone by this code: *2767*3855#.
- Your phone will be rebooted again after entering the above code, So it is normal thing just wait for it.
- Now your phone is under your control with its new firmware, Customize it and enjoy your success.
- The Update or Flash operation will not Sim-Unlock your device ( Unlock S6102 Galaxy Y DUOS ).
- Use Stable PC for the update and never use USB Hub to connect the device.
- If the firmware package contains only one big file then use it in PDA field and no need to check Re.Partition option or use Pit file.
- Unlock Samsung S6102 Galaxy Y DUOS by Cable or IMEI Online ( Powered by SRS ).
- Download Samsung Galaxy Y DUOS Firmwares: S6102.