How To Update Samsung I9105P Galaxy S2 Plus Firmware Using Odin Flasher
Like many other Samsung Android models, The Galaxy S II Plus firmware updating needs some tools and files in addition to basic steps you have to follow to get the job done correctly.
The Guide you are reading now will give you the complete needed steps, Also to help you and to save your time, You will find the tools and files, So it is only a matter of time until you can start the update process by yourself.
Some important points:
- Backup any wanted data from your phone before doing anything.
- Charge your phone's battery, At least to be at 90%.
- You Had better to read the complete guide steps, And make sure that you understand every single one, Then apply them.
- Use Stable PC to do the update, As that will keep you away from many troubles.
The Tools and Files:
- Stock Firmware Package: Get Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus stock firmware package, Then extract it to your hard drive.
- Odin program: Download Odin flasher, Also extract it to your hard drive to use it later.
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung I9105P USB Drivers, And install it on your PC like any other software, After that restart your PC.
- USB Cable: You can use the original USB cable of your Galaxy S2 Plus, You need this cable to connect your PC to the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S II Plus Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn off your phone and take its battery out.
- Double click on Odin3.exe program to run it.
- Check these options:
- Re-Partition ( No need to check this option, Unless you want to flash *.pit file. So you can install the firmware without it too. Use it to repartition your phone only).
- Auto Reboot
- F.Reset Time
- In the following step you will select the firmware files from the package you already downloaded.
- Click on PIT button and select: s2vip.pit
- Click on Bootloader button and select: DefaultCalDataWithBoot_I9105Pxxxxxx..tar.md5
- Click on PDA button and select: CODE_I9105Pxxxxxx...tar.md5
- Click on PHONE button and select: MODEM_I9105Pxxxxxx...tar.md5
- Click on CSC button and select: CSC_Oxx_I9105POxxxxxx...tar.md5
- Your phone must be into Download Mode:
Hold Volume Down Key + Home Key then press Power Key until you see the warning message on phone's screen, Then press Volume UP Key to enter the Download Mode.
- Use the USB cable to connect your Phone to PC.
- Wait until your PC detects the phone correctly, And installs the needed drivers for it.
- Look at Odin's window, You should see the COM number of your phone like this 0:[COMxx] when xx are numbers.
- In case Odin could not detect the phone, You may need to restart your PC and try again.
- After you make sure that Odin detects your phone, All you have to do is hitting START button.
- Odin will start to install the firmware files on your phone, Wait until your phone being rebooted by Odin.
- When your phone rebooted, Look at at Odin's window to check if the update was done successfully, You should see PASS! Word.
- After your phone is completely on, Do full reset using this code *#87976633#
- You have to wait one more time until the phone reboots, Then you can customize it the way you like to use.
- Flashing or Updating your phone will not remove any SIM locks, If you want to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P Check our Online Unlock Service.
- When you have only one file inside the firmware package, No need to check Re-Partition option or using *.pit file, And select the file as PDA only.