How To Update Samsung GT-I9082 Galaxy Grand DUOS Firmware, Clear And Easy Steps
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 comes with Android Jelly Bean v4.1.2, But as you may know that Samsung updates its smartphones regularly, And that means if your Galaxy Grand Duos has I9082XXAMA4 version, Then when the I9082XXAMAA is out you will need to update it, So this Guide is your friend.
You can update your Galaxy Grand DUOS by using Free and Original tools and programs, Like the original USB cable of your phone, Odin flasher, And original firmware package, For sure you need a PC to perform the process, You will discover that the update steps is so easy and clear, And all you should do is reading, Understanding, Then applying.
Take some moments to read the following points before starting:
- Backup any wanted data from your phone before doing anything.
- Charge your phone's battery, At least to be at 90%.
- Use Stable PC to do the update, As that will keep you away from many troubles.
Download and Get these Tools and Files:
- Stock Firmware Package: Download Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos stock firmware package, Then extract it to your hard drive.
- Odin program: Download Odin flasher, Also extract it to your hard drive to use it later.
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung I9082 USB Drivers, And install it on your PC like any other software, After that restart your PC.
- USB Cable: You can use the original USB cable of your Galaxy Grand Duos, You need this cable to connect your PC to the phone.
Samsung I9082 Galaxy Grand DUOS Firmware Update Steps:
- Turn off your phone and take its battery out.
- Double click on Odin3.exe program to run it.
- Check these options:
Re-Partition ( No need to check this option, Unless you want to flash *.pit file. So you can install the firmware without it too. Use it to repartition your phone only).
- In the following step you will select the firmware files from the package you already downloaded.
- Click on PIT button and select: baffin.pit
- Click on PDA button and select: CODE_I9082xxxxxx...tar.md5
- Click on PHONE button and select: MODEM_I9082xxxxxx...tar.md5
- Click on CSC button and select: CSC_Oxx_I9082Oxxxxxx...tar.md5
- Put the battery back into your phone but do not turn it on.
- Your phone must be into Download Mode:
Hold Volume Down Key + Home Key then press Power Key until you see the warning message on phone's screen, Then press Volume UP Key to enter the Download Mode.
- Use the USB cable to connect your Phone to PC.
- Wait until your PC detects the phone correctly, And installs the needed drivers for it.
- Look at Odin's window, You should see the COM number of your phone like this 0:[COMxx] when xx are numbers.
- In case Odin could not detect the phone, You may need to restart your PC and try again.
- After you make sure that Odin detects your phone, All you have to do is hitting START button.
- Odin will start to install the firmware files on your phone, Wait until your phone being rebooted by Odin.
- When your phone rebooted, Look at at Odin's window to check if the update was done successfully, You should see PASS! Word.
- After your phone is completely on, Do full reset using this code *#87976633#
- You have to wait one more time until the phone reboots, Then you can customize it the way you like to use.
- Flashing or Updating your phone will not remove any SIM locks, If you want to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS I9082 Check our Online Unlock Service.
- When you have only one file inside the firmware package, No need to check Re-Partition option or using *.pit file, And select the file as PDA only.