How To Update The Firmware Of Samsung SGH-T889 Galaxy Note II From T-Mobile USA
The Samsung SGH-T889 is the American variant of the international Galaxy Note II N7100, And as we talked before about how you can update Samsung N7100 by yourself, Using Odin flasher, Then this time we will talk about updating Samsung T889.
When you decide to update your Samsung T889 firmware version, Then you should know that you will loose the saved data on your phone, So you can make a backup of any wanted data before starting the update process.
The Update Process starts from downloading the needed files and programs, Then going through some easy steps until you get your T889 Galaxy Note II updated, So it is work time.
Download the following files and programs:
- Official Firmware Update Package for Samsung SGH-T889.
- Odin Flasher.
- Original USB Drivers for Samsung SGH-T889.
- Samsung T889 USB Cable, Or any suitable one.
- A computer with Windows OS installed.
Get the above files, Programs, And tools, Then extract the zipped files and install the USB drivers of your Samsung T889, And after that restart your computer.
Samsung T889 Firmware Update Steps:
- Make sure of the charging level of your phone's battery (90% at least).
- Turn the phone off.
- Take out its battery, SIM card, And memory card.
- From Odin flasher folder run Odin.exe
- Leave the checked options as they are (Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time).
- Click on PDA button to select the firmware file from its extracted folder:
(The above file name and version is an example only)
- Put the phone into Download Mode:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key, Then press Power key until you get the warning message on screen. Release all keys and press Volume Up key to be in Download Mode.
- Connect the USB cable to your phone and PC.
- If Odin program detects the phone, You will see its COM port number 0:[COMxx]
- Now you are ready for updating your Samsung T889, Just click on Start button.
- Odin flasher will start installing the firmware files into your Galaxy Note II.
- Your phone will be rebooted after finishing the update process.
- Look at Odin's window and if you see the word PASS!, Then the update was successful.
- Disconnect your Samsung T889 from PC.
- Wait for your phone to be fully on.
- Check the new installed firmware version by this code *#1234#
- It is recommended to do a full reset to it using this code *2767*3855#
- After your phone reboots for the second time, You can start customizing it and enjoying your well done work.
Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-T889 Online.