How To Update Samsung S6310 Galaxy Young Firmware - Manual Update
The Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S6310 is a new model from Samsung Brand, And like many other models from Samsung sooner or later you will need to update its firmware version to the newer one when it is out. Some users can do the update over the air using The Kies program from Samsung, But in some cases when something goes wrong during the OTA update, It is very hard to fix the Galaxy Young software without knowing how to perform the update manually.
The manual update will be covered in this Guide, All the needed steps and tools are provided too, So that you can do it very easy when you follow the explained steps one by one.
Tip: Backup any saved data you have in your phone's memory before starting any step, Otherwise you will not be able to recover anything after updating your device firmware.
Download these files and programs to your computer:
- S6310 Galaxy Young Official Firmware Package.
- Odin Flasher.
- S6310 Galaxy Young USB Drivers.
After downloading the above files and programs extract them and install the USB drivers on your computer, Then restart it to avoid any possible errors during the update process.
The Tools you need to update your phone:
- Any stable computer with Windows OS Installed.
- Suitable USB cable for your Samsung Galaxy Young S6310 mobile phone.
Samsung S6310 Galaxy Young Firmware Update Steps:
- Make sure that your phone's battery has at least 90% of charging level.
- Turn your phone off.
- Take out your phone's battery, SIM Card, And memory card too.
- Run Odin.exe program from the extracted folder.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time options are checked.
- At this step you have to select the firmware files from its extracted folder:
Click PDA button to select CODE_S6310xxxxxx_900805_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
Click PHONE button to select MODEM_S6310xxxxxx_900805_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
Click CSC button to select CSC_Oxx_S6310Oxxxxxx_894543_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Put your phone's battery back but don't turn it on yet.
- To put your phone into Download Mode follow these steps:
Press and Hold Volume Down key + Home key, Then press Power key until you see the warning message on phone's screen, Now release all keys and press Volume Up key.
- Connect the USB cable to your phone and computer.
- Wait for windows for detecting it, And installing any needed drivers, That could take a minute so wait for it.
- When Odin program correctly detects the phone, You will see 0:[COMxx] when xx are numbers.
- To begin the update process just click on Start button.
- Odin program will do the job for you, So you have nothing to do.
- Your phone will be rebooted by Odin program after installing the new firmware files into your phone, And you can see PASS! Word at Odin program.
- Now it is safe to disconnect the USB cable from phone.
- Wait until the phone is fully on, And then do a full reset using this code *2767*3855#
- Once again you should wait for your phone to restart.
- Now your Samsung S6310 Galaxy Young is updated and you can enjoy using the new firmware version.
Notice: If the Firmware Package contains only one big file, Then you have to select it as PDA file, And follow all the other steps as they are.
- Unlock Your Samsung S6310 Galaxy Young Duos Online.