The Guide you are reading now is the easiest one you can ever use to update the firmware version of your Samsung SGH-T679 which is known as Samsung Exhibit II 4G from T-Mobile, Also we tried to bring all the needed tools, Files, And programs to one place so you can read the guide, Download and collect the tools, Then start the work, So no need to search for anything as all are here.
You should know that when you update your mobile phone firmware you will loose all the saved data on its internal memory, So it is a very important step to make a backup of anything you want to keep.
Here are all the tools, Files, And programs you will use:
- Stock Firmware Package for Samsung T679 Exhibit II 4G.
- USB Drivers for Samsung T679.
- Odin Flasher.
- Suitable USB cable.
- A computer with Windows OS installed.
Start with downloading the files and programs to your PC, Then extract any zipped one, After that install the USB drivers and restart your PC to be ready for the next section.
Samsung SGH-T679 Exhibit II 4G Firmware Update Steps:
- Make sure that your phone has at least 90% of charging level.
- Turn it off.
- Take out its SIM-card and memory card in case it has one.
- Run Odin.exe program.
- Check only: Auto Reboot + F.Reset Time
- Click on PDA button to select the firmware update file from its extracted folder:
- Put your Samsung T679 into Download Mode (Press hold Volume Down key, Then press Power button).
- Plug the USB cable into your phone and PC.
- Wait until Windows installs any needed drivers for your Samsung T679.
- Odin program will detect the COM port number of your phone 0:[COMxx]
- Click on Start button and Odin flasher will install the new firmware files into your device.
- After finishing the update process Odin program will reboot your Samsung T679.
- To make sure if the update was successful or not, Look at Odin's window and you will see PASS! Word if it was successful.
- Unplug the USB cable from phone.
- After the phone is fully on enter this code *2767*3855#
- Your Samsung T679 will restart for one more time so just wait for it.
- Now when the phone is on again you can start using it with its new firmware.