This is the first Guide about how to hard reset a Samsung mobile phone using its hardware keys, We will try to cover as much models as we can in this guides. Performing a hard reset or factory reset as some people like to call it is a very important operation that you should learn how to do it.
When you need to do a hard reset?
You can apply this operation in many cases we will mention some here:
- After installing bad or unsupported application into your Samsung mobile phone which causes your phone to be frozen.
- Your Samsung mobile phone doesn't respond to any order after booting because of some software errors.
- Forgotten pattern lock in Samsung Android mobile phones.
- Forgotten user code.
- Forgotten phone code.
- Before or after installing new firmware updates into your device.
What to do before performing the hard reset?
- In case your Samsung mobile phone can connect to a computer then it is better to make a backup of your saved data using Samsung kies software.
- But in case that is not possible then you can check that your phone's battery has enough charging, Otherwise you should charge it.
Samsung S5303 Galaxy Y Plus Hard Reset Steps:
- Take out your phone's battery, SIM-card and memory card too.
- After 10 seconds put the battery back into your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key then press Power key.
- Keep pressing the above keys until you get the Factory Reset menu.
- Release all keys.
- Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.
- Use Power key to confirm the operation.
- Your phone will be rebooted after finishing the hard reset operation.
Notice: The hard reset operation will delete anything that are saved in your phone's internal memory, So make a backup of your data in case you can access them.