This is the first Guide about how to hard reset a Samsung mobile phone using its hardware keys, We will try to cover as much models as we can in this guides. Performing a hard reset or factory reset as some people like to call it is a very important operation that you should learn how to do it.
When you need to do a hard reset?
You can apply this operation in many cases we will mention some here:
- After installing bad or unsupported application into your Samsung mobile phone which causes your phone to be frozen.
- Your Samsung mobile phone doesn't respond to any order after booting because of some software errors.
- Forgotten pattern lock in Samsung Android mobile phones.
- Forgotten user code.
- Forgotten phone code.
- Before or after installing new firmware updates into your device.
What to do before performing the hard reset?
- In case your Samsung mobile phone can connect to a computer then it is better to make a backup of your saved data using Samsung kies software.
- But in case that is not possible then you can check that your phone's battery has enough charging, Otherwise you should charge it.
Samsung S5303 Galaxy Y Plus Hard Reset Steps:
- Take out your phone's battery, SIM-card and memory card too.
- After 10 seconds put the battery back into your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key then press Power key.
- Keep pressing the above keys until you get the Factory Reset menu.
- Release all keys.
- Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.
- Use Power key to confirm the operation.
- Your phone will be rebooted after finishing the hard reset operation.
New Hard Reset / Factory Reset Method Using Odin3 Flasher:
In case you cannot put the Samsung S5303 Galaxy Y Plus Into Recovery Mode for any reason, Or the Normal Hard Reset operation does not solve your problem, Then you can use this new method to Hard Reset the device so easy, This New Method will reprogram the User area, And it can solve many software errors too, Just follow the steps below:
- Download and Extract Samsung S5303 Galaxy Y Plus Hard Reset File.
- Download Odin3 flasher.
- Put your phone into Download Mode.
- Run Odin3.exe
- Click on CSC button and Select the Hard Reset file.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable, And wait until Odin3 detects the phone.
- Click on Start button and wait until the operation done.
- Now your Samsung S5303 Galaxy Y Plus will be rebooted.
Notice: The hard reset operation will delete anything that are saved in your phone's internal memory, So make a backup of your data in case you can access them.